Are you confused about differentiating between a dehumidifier and an air purifier? They have far differences because a dehumidifier works in humidity level; conversely, an air purifier removes harmful air particles from your room. However, your question is – “which is better, dehumidifier or air purifier?” We have made an amicable solution to your problem in the following paragraphs. You can go through them if you want to know in details:
What Is A Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is quite different from an air purifier and doesn’t filter air like it. Its main job is to reduce excess humidity(moisture) levels from the air. By changing the moisture levels indirectly, dehumidifiers help reduce the growth of harmful bacteria in the air. Those bacteria can live in a high moisture level and die in the low moisture levels.
And also, this device is an excellent alternative to the conditioner. It has a sensor to monitor the humidity level in the room. If your room’s humidity level reaches more than 50%, the dehumidifier activates automatically and does its work.
What Is An Air Purifier?
An Air Purifier is a device that removes or refreshes your indoor air quality from allergies, pollens, dust, odor, pet hair, smoke, mold, etc. The air purifier has a different type of filter in it. Depending on the filter types or quality, a cleaner can refresh air differently.
Difference Between Dehumidifier And Air Purifier
Dehumidifiers and air purifiers can both reduce allergies and pollutants from the air. But they both have lots of differences between them. The differences are:
- An air purifier can clean contaminants in the air that is good for asthma and allergic patients. But with a dehumidifier, you can’t clean the air. You can low the room temperature.
- Air purifiers will help you to remove allergies, pollens, dust, odor, pet hair, smoke, mold, etc., from the air. On the other hand, a dehumidifier will help you to kill dust mites, musty smell, bacteria, viruses, and reduce mold growth in your indoor area by reducing moisturizer from the air.
- The cleaner will provide you a healthier environment. A Dehumidifier also can improve your indoor air quality. But its main job is to provide a lower temperature when you live in a humid area.
- Air purifiers can’t control the indoor humidity levels. On the other hand, dehumidifiers are used where the atmosphere’s humidity level becomes more significant than 50%. It is specially designed to change the humidity level.
- Some types of air purifiers are filter, absorbent, ionizing, UV light, ozone generators. Some types of dehumidifiers are mechanical, refrigerative, adsorption, electronic, etc.
- In an air purifier, you need to replace the filter once every 6 months. But in a dehumidifier, you need to clean its plates once a week.
- Maintenance of air purifier is easy. But the maintenance of dehumidifier is taught. You need to take out its plates from the system to clean its coils and buckets.
- In an air purifier, you need to place a new filter after replacing the old one. But in a dehumidifier, you need to place the old plates in it after cleaning correctly.
- An air purifier will give you relief from asthma, allergy, sinus, and many more diseases. A dehumidifier will relieve you from running nose, cough, headache, respiratory problems, and many more diseases.
- Air Purifiers’ noise level is subtle to loud. Dehumidifiers noise level is subtle to very loud.
Which One Is Better?
Both air purifiers and dehumidifiers have different purposes of cleaning your indoor air quality. Therefore, both devices have their value. You can’t select one device over another. Which one is good for you depends on the atmosphere, weather, air quality around you.
However, air purifiers’ main job is to purify the air quality, but it’s nothing to do with the humidity(moisture) level. A dehumidifier is also clean air but not better than an air purifier. Its primary purpose is to control the humidity level. Which one you will go to buy depends on your own needs. Or you can use both devices together.
You may have a curiosity,” can you use a dehumidifier and air purifier in the same room?” Yes, you can use both devices in the same room if you want to. You can also use both an air purifier or a dehumidifier for the basement if you have a breathing issue and have trouble breathing while sleeping. Both the devices can help you improve the air quality.
An air purifier is harmless, but the dehumidifier can be harmful if you misuse it. If you use it when the humidity level is less than 50%, it will decrease the moisture level to lower than 30%. Remember, this issue can cause skin problems and make you feel uncomfortable.
Both devices are useful to improve air quality but work differently. You can buy a dehumidifier if the room air contains excessive moisture. On the other hand, an air purifier is sufficient if the room is full of pollutants. Now, what you need is to observe your circumstances and make the right decision.
Air is an essential element of our environment, and yes, without it, we cannot live for a while! But do you know – air is being polluted in various ways?…
Many of you don’t want to use an air purifier at home. Instead, you want to purify your home air naturally. But you may not know the exact process in…
As the air is polluting day by day, you have no other option without an air purifier. It intakes impure air and produces a pure one. Isn’t it quite interesting?…